The Huron Perth & Area Ontario Health Team (HPA-OHT) was one of the first Ontario Health Teams approved in the province!
What is an Ontario Health Team?
An Ontario Health Team is a new service delivery model designed to integrate care delivery and funding, which will enable patients, families, communities, providers, and system leaders to better work together, innovate, and build on what is best in Ontario’s health care system. The goal is to provide better, more connected care across the province.
Ontario Health Teams are groups of providers and organizations that are clinically and fiscally accountable for delivering a full and coordinated continuum of care to a defined geographic population.
Under the Ontario Health Team model, patients, families, caregivers, and health care providers will more actively shape how local health care services are delivered and managed. The approach will make it easier for local health care providers to partner and deliver high-quality, coordinated care for their patients and their communities.
The Huron Perth & Area Ontario Health Team
The Huron Perth and Area Ontario Health Team (HPA-OHT) has an extremely strong history of partnerships and collaboration. Member organizations have worked together advancing integrated care, shared accountability, value-based healthcare and population health.
- In Spring 2019, 52+ healthcare organizations in Huron Perth and Area joined together to complete a Self-Assessment in an effort to become one of the first Ontario Health Teams.
- July 2019 the team received approval to submit a Full Application.
- October 2019: Full Application submitted to the Ministry of Health.
- December 2019: Approval received as one of the first 24 OHTs in the province.
- July 2020: HPA-OHT Implementation Committee was struck.
The HPA-OHT is made up of members from various health sectors, including:
- Community Support Services
- Emergency Medical Services
- Home Care
- Long-Term Care
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Midwifery Services
- Patient/Client Partners
- Primary Care Teams and Providers
To see our full membership list, click here.
A sustainable people-driven system that strives to provide a positive experience for all.
- We will embrace change to enrich the lives of citizens and put community health outcomes first
- We will create relationships based on trust and commit organizational resources towards collective improvement
- We will deliver evidence-based, fiscally responsible and sustainable care
- We will pursue opportunities to eliminate gaps, duplication and provide optimal care
- People will partner together for effective decision-making
Our Target Populations
The Huron Perth and Area Ontario Health Team will continue to provide full care to the over 147,500+ residents in our catchment area and to start, will work together to strengthen efforts around the following three target populations:
In years to come, the Ontario Health Team will advance work on various health related projects, will partner with numerous community organizations and tackle the various changes to the healthcare system that come our way.
Our Accountability Structure
Click the image below to view full size image.